Better Grad Student Manifesto
Welcome to the Better Grad Student blog. If you’re here, that means you want to be a better graduate student. This is very commendable and I want to help you do it. I want to take a second and tell you what you can expect from this blog, and then tell you what you should not expect from this blog. You should expect:
- For this to be a great resource for how to become a better grad student!
- To learn new ways to improve your life as a grad student!
- To become more productive and efficient as a result of spending some time here!
- To get answers to problems that you may encounter during your graduate career!
- This site to be fun and useful!
Things you should not expect from this blog:
- I will not write your thesis or papers, but I will help you write it better.
- I will not do research information for you, but I will help you to be more effective in your hunt.
- I will not make your advisor better, but I will teach you to handle your advisor and his/her quirks.
- I will not get rid of your annoying lab/office/class mate, but I will assist you in dealing with them.
- I will not do your experiments, but I will help you make the most of them.
This site will be a fun resource for all things graduate student related. I’m excited about the possibilities this will bring to both your life and mine! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will stop by again soon!
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step” ~ Lao Tzu